Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Bluetooth problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 04:40 PM

so the issue I have is that voice dial doesn't work with Nokia 5800. When say "Dial 123" on navi it's dialing, but on the phone nothing... then 15 seconds later it drops the connection. It seems to start happening with I upgraded to firmware recently because I remember it was working just fine before and it does work normally in older Nokia 5310. I was going to bring this up at the service, but now I think they'll just tell me it's my phone...

Old 02-04-2010, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by ruski
My wife just got a new phone from Sprint - Sanyo SCP-2700.

I got it paired without a problem.

However it seems that every first attempt to make an outgoing call gets dropped. I would say Dial, then the number, then the Outlander reads the number back to me, I say OK, Outlander says "dialing". Then "ta-da" sound as if I hung up. The call ius dropped and the radio comes back on.

When I try to dial out the second time, usually it works fine.
I have figured out what was wrong with my wife's phone.

Turns out Sanyo SCP-2700's Bluetooth implementation has a "hidden mode". I can't remember off the top of my head now, but there is an option in the phone's Bluetooth configuration that makes the phone invisible to other Bluetooth devices after 3 seconds.

So the phone's Bluetooth works fine for first 3 seconds during the pairing process. And sometimes even during making a test call.

But then it hides and doesn't play nice with Mitsubishi's Bluetooth.

So I changed the phone to never hide and it now works well and doesn't drop any calls.