Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Daylight Running Lights (DRL)

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 09:16 PM
JMC
Default RE: Daylight Running Lights (DRL)

I really don't see why DRLs would be such a pain for people.....

Old 03-09-2007, 12:51 AM

I agree. Study shows that it is a safety in traffic.

Old 03-09-2007, 01:13 AM

I like them. I have nothing bad to say about them. In my moms malibu, her head lights are on all the time. Shes owned the car for 3 years now she is still on the original bulbs.

Old 03-09-2007, 03:00 PM

Well, I will certainly "bitch" about this to Mitsu. They make one of the car's most important safety features (The ASC) "optional", to which you can turn it off, why not make DRL optional too. Let's hope the bult lasts at least 3 years. You know, I will be quite pissed if the damn bult busts when I am in a cross-country trip and have to get pulled over by every ******** cop in every city and county I cross over because a light bulb busted out. [:'(]

Old 03-09-2007, 03:04 PM
JMC

ORIGINAL: Christian1

Well, I will certainly "bitch" about this to Mitsu. They make one of the car's most important safety features (The ASC) "optional", to which you can turn it off, why not make DRL optional too. Let's hope the bult lasts at least 3 years. You know, I will be quite pissed if the damn bult busts when I am in a cross-country trip and have to get pulled over by every ******** cop in every city and county I cross over because a light bulb busted out. [:'(]
Dood...really? Come on now. DRLs optional?? Wow...and do you really think that a cop will pull you over and give you a ticket because one of your daytime running lights is out? oh man......

Old 03-09-2007, 05:26 PM

A quick explaination is that the DRLs areMANDATORY in some coutries - e.g. Canada, and perhaps at least in some states in the US.I think it's no brainer, if the DRL are MANDATORY in few US states,ANY manufacture would make them standard in ALL their cars for sale in that country.

Old 03-09-2007, 05:35 PM

Sorry, a quick search shows that the DRLs are not mandatory in the US. They are in Canda though.

Old 03-09-2007, 05:38 PM
JMC

Maybe it's just me..but if the ride has DRLs I figure just leave them alone.

Old 03-10-2007, 03:28 AM

DELETED

Old 03-10-2007, 03:32 AM

ORIGINAL: Christian1

Dude you realy need to talk to someone about your anger management issues - seriously you get so worked up about things that HAVEN'T even happened yet - sometimes the glass IS half full -try it you might like it!

Maybe you should just sell the car and save yourself some pain (self-induced).

Quick Reply: Daylight Running Lights (DRL)