Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Daylight Running Lights (DRL)

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 06:02 AM
JMC
Default RE: Daylight Running Lights (DRL)

We need a full bulb list!

Old 03-12-2007, 06:19 AM

Found the answer from the manual just now. DRLs are only 27W 1156(LL) type, so they are different indeed.

Old 03-12-2007, 09:42 AM

I was poking my head around the engine bay yesterday and seen sylivia (spelling) bulbs I think for high beams. I know thats off topic but maybe you could look for the DLR lights and see if the brand of what not is on them.

Old 03-12-2007, 10:52 AM

ORIGINAL: OTO27

I have a question, If I want to get the fog lights added as an accessorie, will they be operated from the turn signal stick or will it be a stand alone switch? also do you know if they can be operated along with the high beams. I know when it comes with fogs from the factory the switch is located on the stick and they dont work with high beams, I was wondering if this would be the same if I got them as an add on later?
Does anyone know the answer to OTO27's question? I have exaclly the same question.
The question applies to an ES/LS standard models with the fog lights installed as an accessory. Simple as that (no HID involved).

Old 03-12-2007, 02:57 PM
JMC

A full bulb list would be great...I plan to change everything I can....

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: OTO27

I have a question, If I want to get the fog lights added as an accessorie, will they be operated from the turn signal stick or will it be a stand alone switch? also do you know if they can be operated along with the high beams. I know when it comes with fogs from the factory the switch is located on the stick and they dont work with high beams, I was wondering if this would be the same if I got them as an add on later?
[/blockquote]
MANYBREWS:
this has been talked about many times here.
you cannot add fog lights if you have the HID headlights.
and no foglights can legally be used with high-beams, so they shut off automatically.
[align=right]
[/align]

Old 03-12-2007, 03:27 PM

MANYBREWS's reply DOES NOT answer the first question:
"If I want to get the fog lights added as an accessorie, will they be operated from the turn signal stick or will it be a stand alone switch"?
Most likely, once the fog lights are installed on the LS, they would operate the same way as on the XLS WITHOUT HID - they will turn off when thehigh beam turns on.

Old 03-12-2007, 04:51 PM
JMC

ORIGINAL: dodo2

MANYBREWS's reply DOES NOT answer the first question:
"If I want to get the fog lights added as an accessorie, will they be operated from the turn signal stick or will it be a stand alone switch"?
Most likely, once the fog lights are installed on the LS, they would operate the same way as on the XLS WITHOUT HID - they will turn off when thehigh beam turns on.
Legal wise it DOES answer the question. Other than that...yes, you can have fogs put in with a switch to make them work.

Old 03-12-2007, 06:36 PM

LOL !!! We are playing comprehension games here.

The question is if anyone knows (not assume or guess),if the Mitsu OEM Fog Lights Kit, available for 07 Outlander LS model, involves left stalkreplacement with one similar with the one on the standard XLS model, which has the fog lights switch integrated,or does itcome with aseparate switch for the fog lights?
This is what OTO27 and I would like to find out.

Old 03-12-2007, 07:06 PM

I just found out that the left stalk on the steering column on the LS, does not have the fog lights switch. Could someone having an LS confirm (I just called a dealership and asked, but it wouldn't hurt to confirm)?
Two possible options for installing the OEM fog lights kit on the LS:
1. Have a switch installed on the left side of the steering column, by the ASC switch.
2. Have a new stalk (same as the one on the XLS) installed aspart of the OEM fog lights kit.
Does anyone know for sure which one it is?

Old 03-12-2007, 07:18 PM

I cant believe we have 5 pages of DRL tech and ligiht bulb tech. [sm=WTFsgign.gif]

Quick Reply: Daylight Running Lights (DRL)