Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Daylight Running Lights (DRL)

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 01:00 AM
Default RE: Daylight Running Lights (DRL)

go third party hid fogs, theyll be brighter, and look cooler.
im thinking of changing out the factory ones for some nice quality aftermarket hidz

Old 03-13-2007, 01:17 AM
JMC

I still have a set off McCulloch 12000K HIDs from the last Outlander. I would love to get them in.

Old 03-13-2007, 01:33 AM

Be careful with HID lights. I have read that the laws vary from state to state but after market HID installations are illegal. I also read that certain levels are illegal. In NJ I know that 12,000 is defently illegal. You cant have any bulb that is colored. Yellows, blues, the purple that 12,000 HID lights emit and so forth. Please check more into it with your state before you spend hundreds on HID lights and get busted.

Old 03-13-2007, 01:40 AM
JMC

I know...hahaha. I got busted in the old Outlander for my lights many times. Too bright!! I didn't have high-beams. That was in NYC. I drove that same Outlander in Cali for 5 months before I got the '07 and nothing ever happened. Lucky? Probably....

Old 03-13-2007, 01:48 AM

Are you joking? NYC was busting your *** over CA?? I went to NY and people run the lights and drive like hell, running people off the road. The taxis and buses are just plain nuts. I would figure CA with all the laws would be worst.

Old 03-13-2007, 02:55 AM

JMC, no offense, but "what a hell is so hard to understand" that I see two options for the fog lightsswitch andI just don't know which one comes with the OEM kit (again, for sure not just a guess). If you know for sure,just say so.I too, have a feeling that it will be a switch, which I don’t mind at all, but I would much prefer the stalk if I would have choice. Don't ask me why....
For me, the point in getting the fog lights is to get rid of the ugly plastic cups that cover the bumper wholes where the fog lights should be. Yes, it's more of an esthetic thing than a functional one and I will definitely go with the OEM fogs due to fitting and warranty reasons.
I will be getting the OEM fog lights with my Outlander LS and I will confirm where the switch goes, not a biggy. The funny thing is that no Mitsu salesman or serviceman has a clue about this either. I was hopping that someone on this forum had the OEM fogs installed or works for a Mitsu dealership and hasthe credible info soI might be able to get astraight answer.
But like I said no problem, I will report back when I will have mine installed.

Old 03-13-2007, 03:38 PM
JMC

ORIGINAL: dodo2

JMC, no offense, but "what a hell is so hard to understand" that I see two options for the fog lightsswitch andI just don't know which one comes with the OEM kit (again, for sure not just a guess). If you know for sure,just say so.I too, have a feeling that it will be a switch, which I don’t mind at all, but I would much prefer the stalk if I would have choice. Don't ask me why....
For me, the point in getting the fog lights is to get rid of the ugly plastic cups that cover the bumper wholes where the fog lights should be. Yes, it's more of an esthetic thing than a functional one and I will definitely go with the OEM fogs due to fitting and warranty reasons.
I will be getting the OEM fog lights with my Outlander LS and I will confirm where the switch goes, not a biggy. The funny thing is that no Mitsu salesman or serviceman has a clue about this either. I was hopping that someone on this forum had the OEM fogs installed or works for a Mitsu dealership and hasthe credible info soI might be able to get astraight answer.
But like I said no problem, I will report back when I will have mine installed.
This is exactly why I got the model with the fogs...just so I don't have to spend a second even thinking about this....

Old 03-13-2007, 04:26 PM

well the reason I did not get them in the first place was the only model that had them were the LS's and I really did not want to throw away money for thingsI will never use like a third row seat or heated seats,Also I'm planing to get bigger tires/wheels, the 18's on the xls did not sell me.Just about the only thing I would've wanted extra on my car was fog lights, since Ilive in an area were its fogy almost every morning. This was not justification enough to drop an extra 4g's for an xls that had them.To be honest the only reason Iwanted the outiwas because of the looks, performance andIwanted4WD.Did not care about the luxury side of things, so like dodo, we would like the fogs to cover up that cover and it could be useful at times. My decision will be made after I know for (sure) what switching mecanism it uses.

Old 03-13-2007, 04:34 PM
JMC

Ok...got you now dood. Well..good luck with everything. I really hope you'll be able to get those fogs in there working! It sounds like you'd need more than the OEM fogs if yr area gets fog a lot. Do you have a local shop that'll be able to help you with 3rd party fogs?

Old 03-13-2007, 04:45 PM

I'm sure there is one around the area, but I'd have to drive about an hour or two andjust have not got the time for it now.

Quick Reply: Daylight Running Lights (DRL)