Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Daylight Running Lights (DRL)

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 08:14 PM
Default RE: Daylight Running Lights (DRL)

I also have an LS dodo, and yes my light stalk does not have a switch for the fogs, thats why I asked.By the way,thanks for backing up my question. I knew about the fogs not working with high beams, but no one in here has said anything regarding putting them on later, in models that did not bring them( like our LS's).

Old 03-12-2007, 08:24 PM
JMC

Ok...so like I said before, yes you can have the fogs put in but you'd need a new switch to make them work. What the hell is so hard about understanding this? This is probably much better than having a new stalk put in too.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:32 PM

JMC, my last post was directed towards dodo2, I was not asking my question again, just giving out the reason why I asked in the first place. Yes I may be a bit stubborn, and thats why I asked something that was brought up before in hopes there would be a different answer. Sorry if I broke any forum rules by bringing up subjects that have been brought up again.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:37 PM
JMC

I just want you to know what can be done dood. I hope you get to see if it works. Are you going to get the OEM fogs?

Old 03-12-2007, 08:40 PM

I think I will be holding off on the fogs for now, I'll save the $ and see if we can get some other accessories in here.

Old 03-12-2007, 09:11 PM
JMC

So what's there now...where the fogs would go? Is there a cut out for the fogs?

Old 03-12-2007, 09:27 PM

Do you really NEED oem fog lights? If not theres tons and tons of fog light kits out there. You can more than likely find one that fit into the cut outs. If you cant find one that is the exact fit then find one close to it, and make the cut out area to fit nicely around the fog lights. You can even hard wire the fogs off the battery and run a switch to your dash by the ASC button. Now this elimintates not being able to control the fog lights when your head lights or high beams are on. You can even put them on when the car is off.

Old 03-12-2007, 09:56 PM
JMC

Ant...good point dood. It would probably be cheaper with 3rd party fogs...maybe even HIDs??

Old 03-12-2007, 10:18 PM

Yeah, thats what I will most likely do, Some HID's will be great, the hard part would be finding a good quality lightand making it fit properly.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:05 PM

Why anbody would want to disable DRL's is beyond me. The cost of extra headlight bulbs? Please. The reduced cost of auto insurance because of DRL's will probably offset the cost of bulbs, over the years. Better yet, increased visibility, in the day,could save you and or your loved ones from getting into an accident. What price can you put on that? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on this but when you look at improving your safety margins with DRL's, how can you not like them?

JH

Quick Reply: Daylight Running Lights (DRL)