Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Daylight Running Lights (DRL)

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 01:25 PM
Default RE: Daylight Running Lights (DRL)

since Ilive in an area were its fogy almost every morning. This was not justification enough to drop an extra 4g's for an xls that had them.
Guess what? Not even the XLS have real foglights. What's on the XLS are DRLs, which are different from the Fog light kit in the LS.

Old 03-14-2007, 02:37 PM
JMC

ORIGINAL: rcpax

since Ilive in an area were its fogy almost every morning. This was not justification enough to drop an extra 4g's for an xls that had them.
Guess what? Not even the XLS have real foglights. What's on the XLS are DRLs, which are different from the Fog light kit in the LS.
Wow....

Old 03-14-2007, 08:43 PM

I hope that you are joking around with us. If your serious then you obviously haven't read any of the replies on the last 7 pages.

Old 03-14-2007, 09:04 PM
JMC

ORIGINAL: antlip

I hope that you are joking around with us. If your serious then you obviously haven't read any of the replies on the last 7 pages.
Exactly....hahahaha...all I could get out was WOW..hahaha

Old 03-15-2007, 08:42 AM

I am serious. What is it you think you knew that I don't? Kindly enlighten me.

Old 03-15-2007, 09:39 AM

Manybrews said this on page 4 post 38.

the cars with standard headlights have foglights you can control.
the cars with HID lights have those foglights turned into non-controllable DRLs.

Old 03-15-2007, 03:57 PM
JMC

Also...this has been talked about in other posts too. I hope you are so enlightened that all lights are green for you!

Old 03-15-2007, 04:28 PM

the cars with HID lights have those foglights turned into non-controllable DRLs.
In XLSs with HID then, would you even consider those DRLs as real foglights? 27W for DRLs vs 55W for LS foglight kit. Do the math, the manual doesn't even call them foglights (DRLs in XLSs). And you may want to check Post #15 on page 2 of this thread about what Manybrews said regarding HIDs and DRLs, link here: https://mitsubishiforum.com/fb.asp?m=120374

So who's not reading posts now?

Old 03-15-2007, 04:30 PM

ORIGINAL: JMC

Also...this has been talked about in other posts too. I hope you are so enlightened that all lights are green for you!
Enlightened about what?

Old 03-15-2007, 05:40 PM

In XLSs with HID then, would you even consider those DRLs as real foglights? 27W for DRLs vs 55W for LS foglight kit. Do the math, the manual doesn't even call them foglights (DRLs in XLSs). And you may want to check Post #15 on page 2 of this thread about what Manybrews said regarding HIDs and DRLs, link here: https://mitsubishiforum.com/fb.asp?m=120374

So who's not reading posts now?
This discussion is running in circles again LOL.
What MANYBRES was saying is that on the LS w/foglights andbase XLS (without Luxury Package which includes the HIDs), the foglights DO perform as foglights and they are controllable.
However, for the XLS with Luxury, which icludes the HID, the foglights "turned into non-controllable DRL". So YES, those "foglights" areNOT foglights anymore in the XLS w/HID, but DRL which are "non-controllable". He doesn't claim otherwise at all.
I think the confusion here is between the two XLS configurations: with and without HIDs. I think we all know that not all XLSs come with HIDs, right? HIDs are part of the Luxury Package, which is optional on the XLS.Therefore , what physically look likefoglights inALL XLS models, function differently depending on the car's configuration.On the LS models, the foglights, when installed as accessory, always function as foglights.
Simple enough isn't it?

Quick Reply: Daylight Running Lights (DRL)