Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Dpf

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2021, 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by Rizla93
Hi, does anyone know where I can get a replacement dpf for my vehicle please? Reg is: SK13TLN. I have just changed the turbo but dpf light keeps coming on and car goes into limp mode so I'm guessing it's dpf blocked but can't find the right one anywhere?? Thanks in advance
Hey, did you manage to find a replacement DPF? Mine is currently blocked and I cant find a replacement. Not sure if I should just get it cleaned or not?

Old 02-24-2022, 05:59 AM
Default DPF Fault

I have a very similar problem, unfortunately I bought my Pajero 2007 VRX 3.2Ltr at auction so I have no history on my engine. Mine keeps wanting to do a dpf clean but doesn't do it on its own so eventually goes I to limp mode.
my engine has around 20percent less power than it used to can hardly feel the turbo working, I get no smoke or fault codes other that dpf needs a regeneration.
I have had a forced regeneration done recently at Mitsubishi and that's when my engine performance started to be greatly reduced.
I'm also back into limp mode using my obd2 to delete to fault code but just comes straight back because it wants a completed regeneration I think.
I have had two different technicians run diagnostics with no success, they say my boost pressure if good and fuel pressure looks right but don't know why I'm loosing boost and why it keeps wanting a regeneration.
I have physically inspected my dpf filter after a forced regen and it looks good.
I'm now thinking my egr valve may be causing me problems and I plan on checking and cleaning tomorrow, any advice or suggestions would be really appreciated.

Old 02-24-2022, 02:03 PM

has your inlet manifold been cleaned?

They do block up with soot.

Have you been using the correct low ash oil?

How fast do you drive on average?

Are there any modifications done to the engine?

When you remove the EGR look for scoring on the piston shaft.

Old 11-05-2022, 01:57 AM

Ok now I have no idea what to do, it has had a new dpf installed, after trying dpf cleaner and egr cleaner spray. The check dpf light is constantly on which brings the EML light on and throws the car into limp mode. I can reset fault codes while driving and get boost back but then it will go back into limp mode within 30 seconds to a minute. Any ideas? It's getting costly now.

Check the dpf sensor... unplug it see what happens then

Old 11-05-2022, 05:42 AM

Hi, does anyone know where I can get a replacement dpf for my vehicle please? Reg is: SK13TLN. I have just changed the turbo but dpf light keeps coming on and car goes into limp mode so I'm guessing it's dpf blocked but can't find the right one anywhere?? Thanks in advance
Depending on error code, it might be that you do not need to change dpf! It might be that DPF missed regeneration (because of other reason like turbo or faulty temperature sesor). Instead, one can try to reinitialize DPF in ECU (aka you tell ECU that that new DPF is installed). Then un-regenerated status of the DPF will be reset. However, to reinitialize you need MUT-3 tool. Also, there might be some related error codes which you can reset only with help of MUT-3 (other obd2 tools will not work!).

In any case, even if you change DPF, you need to reinitialize DPF with MUT-3.

Old 11-10-2023, 10:19 AM

i have an outlander mk11, 2011, recently noticed my oil level is increasing, took to garage , had an oil change , after about 1000kms it was high again
the garage seemed to think an injector was leaking fuel into the engine
had the injectors checked , they are perfect, now i'm being told that i'm not driving it correctly , in as much as it needs a 50km twice a week run to get it hot so that it
"regenerates", i regularly do runs of over 50kms in a week
so now i'm being told it's not " regenerating " & is clogging up so should change / clean the DPF / FAP
anybody else come across this problem ??????