Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Mods: Can we split this forum up into several sub-forums?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 06:51 AM

I haven't driven it thru a tank full yet but I'm happy with the car so far. Trying to learn about all the features. My first car with EASY KEY so it took me awhile to get it right. I wanted the Sport pkg but could'nt get it with the car so I'm trying to get the parts from dealer and finish /install myself. I'll let you know m/g after first tank full. I'm trying to follow forums guidance on how to drive CVT for best m/g.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:10 AM

I've filled up once but I didn't write down how many miles, I'm looking at the screen that gives me the average. Mileage gets better if you have the ECO green light on, it tells you when you step on it too much. I get close to 28mpg on the freeway at like 65MPH, at 75PMH goes down to 25mpg, which seems to be the best cruise speed. If I do the usual 80MPH mileage goes down to like 20mpg, so there. I even tried the 6 speed "manual" and the RPM and mileage are even worse in the "6th gear". But overall I like it, it has everything I need.

Old 04-02-2011, 10:38 AM

Ya, I've noticed too on my Outlander that the "6th" gear in the manual mode actually puts the RPMs a bit higher on the highway than when you switch back to "D". This is good that they designed the CVT with such a tall upper limit gear ratio for improving highway fuel economy.

Old 04-24-2011, 05:09 PM

Along the same lines, can we get rid of some of the "sticky" threads? There are 14 "sticky" treads on a page that displays 35 total threads. The same threads are sticky'd on the top of each of the pages of this forum. Besides, some of those stickies have not been posted to in the past year or TWO.

Just my $0.02

Last edited by Airedog; 04-24-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:19 PM
Banned

I can't remove them because they contain important information. If you've got an idea to better organize them I would be down to do that. I do agree that they shouldn't be on every single page. If that were the case, after 35 stickied threads you wouldn't be able to see anything else. I'll have to chat with the powers at be in order to change that.

Just because they haven't been posted in, doesn't mean they aren't being read. Check out the view count. They are there purely because they contain information relevant to the vehicle section you're under.

I don't surf the forum by using the topics, I just check out the 'New Posts' button all the time or the 'Today's Posts' under the Quick Links tab.

Last edited by Sebba; 04-24-2011 at 11:21 PM.