Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

newbie to forum...have two part question

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 07:58 PM
Default newbie to forum...have two part question

Hey Fellas:

Newbie here to your forum from Boston. Original owner of an '07 outie XLS with 120k for miles. Love my ride....everything on it is stock. Gotta a two part question for the readers; Bluetooth and GPS.

Part one: Bluetooth was working fine on the outie for a number of years. About a year ago, just went on the fritz. Can't connect...nada. zilch. nothing. Dealer said he wanted about $500 for everything (meaning the the chip/controller). I know there is a cheaper DIY that can be had with the help from you JEDI masters. Is there a sticky here on the forum of a "how to" to remove the old chip/controller and install the new one? If so, where can I get a new OEM chip/controller? Once the new one is installed, is it plug and play or do I need to take the outie to my dealer for some start up help? I suspect you fellas already know that the XLS outie had everything in it; 30gb HD, GPS, etc. Just in case.

Part two: What's the process to up-date the original stock GPS maps? Again, is there a sticky on this? Where do I source out info to get the map updates?

Thanks fellas,
Rob