Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Strange no start problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 09:29 PM
Default Strange no start problem

Hello,

I have a 2007 Outlander XLS V6 AWD

I have started having a very strange problem.

When I try to start the suv for the first time about 50% of the time the radiator fan goes on high speed when the ignition is turned on and the 4WD and LOCK on the dash flash back and fourth and the SUV will not do anything when the key is turned to start position.

When I turn the key back to the off position and try to start the SUV for the second time 90% of the time it will start normally with no problem. Sometimes it does the same thing as initially described where the radiator fan goes to high speed and the SUV does not start.

My gut feeling is that some water or moisture got into a connector or relay and now it is confusing my ECU.

Does anyone have the same thing that they have solved and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You

Old 09-12-2016, 02:19 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by frostyfx
Hello,

I have a 2007 Outlander XLS V6 AWD

I have started having a very strange problem.

When I try to start the suv for the first time about 50% of the time the radiator fan goes on high speed when the ignition is turned on and the 4WD and LOCK on the dash flash back and fourth and the SUV will not do anything when the key is turned to start position.

When I turn the key back to the off position and try to start the SUV for the second time 90% of the time it will start normally with no problem. Sometimes it does the same thing as initially described where the radiator fan goes to high speed and the SUV does not start.

My gut feeling is that some water or moisture got into a connector or relay and now it is confusing my ECU.

Does anyone have the same thing that they have solved and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You
Have you checked your battery? Are there any lights on in your dash board?

Old 09-12-2016, 11:43 AM

Yes, the battery is 100% charged up and no, there are no the check engine light does not come on. Only thing that happens is the 4WD and Lock lights flash back and fourth.

Originally Posted by SERPENTOR
Have you checked your battery? Are there any lights on in your dash board?

Old 09-12-2016, 02:23 PM

See if you can pull any fault or error code.

Old 09-12-2016, 05:16 PM

I have hooked up an OBD2 scanner and it does not see any problem.

Originally Posted by SERPENTOR
See if you can pull any fault or error code.

Old 09-12-2016, 10:32 PM

Sounds like you need to do an electric diagnostic something might be fried.

Old 09-13-2016, 04:30 AM

Mitsubishi EVO's with a fan speed control box on the main fan turn the fan on to high speed if the Ignition is turned on but the ECU does not turn on, or if the ECU is unplugged. If the Outlander works similarly it might be that the ECU is not turning on, which could also explain why the ECU does not have any codes stored.

Old 09-15-2016, 02:49 PM

Bad ground somewhere? Just having removed the entire harness from my engine, I can vouch for the watertight integrity of the connectors if they are not abused