Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

TSB for 07 Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 07:12 AM
Default RE: TSB List for 07 Outlander?

when your dealer did the reprog, they should have done both at the same time, if you had the hesitation one done, that is to do with the ECM. I just read over both TSBs and I can't see a reason as to why you can't just go in and have the other reprog done as its to do with the TCM. If you are needing that reprog done it could be affecting your fuel economy as it has to do with incorrect gear ratio signals between the transmission and the TCM.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:18 AM

ORIGINAL: moronicicon

when your dealer did the reprog, they should have done both at the same time, if you had the hesitation one done, that is to do with the ECM. I just read over both TSBs and I can't see a reason as to why you can't just go in and have the other reprog done as its to do with the TCM. If you are needing that reprog done it could be affecting your fuel economy as it has to do with incorrect gear ratio signals between the transmission and the TCM.
Thanks a lot for your response. Do you see any potential for damage to the cardue tothe fact that the reprogramming wasn't done at the same time (I only had the ECM TSB done) and I drove the car about 700-800 miles like that?

Old 09-13-2007, 01:06 PM

I'm calling the dealer now. I having this issue too.

Old 09-13-2007, 02:31 PM

whoever done both TSB please post your thoughts afterwards and instructions to get this done right.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:27 PM

Well luckily my friend works at Mitsu, but I just told them I suffering from throttle hesitation, and then gave them the tsb number. The car runs a lot better from start and go stopping. It's definitely more responsive, and the best part is that it helps cut back on fuel as your less likely to mash the gas.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:30 PM

ORIGINAL: chowc

I had also taken the bearing TSB to my dealership and when they spoke to Mitsu Canada, they didn't have a solution. Said that this TSB did not apply to Canadian vehicles.

Still have the clunk that happens once from a fresh start. Will be interesting if Mitsu Canada has another solution yet.
The thwack you get after going a few feet in a straight line (or whatever)after starting the car is the ABS brake check. If you dont get a loud alarming clunk any other time you do not have an issue.

Old 09-14-2007, 04:16 PM

Well the dealer didn't program my outie because they haven't received the "program, fix, whatever" from Mitsubishi in PuertoRico. They were surprised about the tsb, so now I need to wait until they call me. [:@]

Old 09-14-2007, 04:50 PM

I took mine in today, the TSB fixed my throttle lag, it drivesmuchbetternow.I seriously used to notice the throttle lag every day that I drove my Outlander.

I went in armed with the TSB sheet. Knowing that my dealer couldn't even tighten my drain plug last time I took it in for service, I had my doubts that they could do something as technical as re-flashing the ECU.

I anticipated 3 different responses from the Service Advisor:

1. Good Service: Sir, we know about that problem, there's a TSB for it, and we can get it fixed right away.

2. Normal Service: We'll take a look and check to see if there are any TSBs.

3. Bad Service: That's normal, a lot of cars do that. But I'll have the mechanic take it for a test drive.

Sad to say, my Service Advisor failed the test and gave me line #3. Dumbfounded, I told him that wasn't the appropriate answer. He said that he couldn't check TSBs, but the mechanic would check.

So I waited and watched. The mechanic went for a test drive, then hooked up the car to the computer. About an hour later he brought the car out. I asked him what he did, he said he "reprogrammed the ECU." I asked him if he also re-flashed the transmission, per the TSB. He said "our computers have been down for a while so I don't know about any other TSB." So I gave him the printed TSB and told him that it clearly says that you have to do both TSBs without disconnecting the computer. He took the car back and apparently did it right, because it works great now, much better than before.

The Service Manager (Rico) was either jawing with a buddy in his office, or gone completely, so I never got a chance to talk to him.

I dunno, next time I'm going to another dealership that's a little farther away. Between the lack of knowledge, unprofessional attitude, and dirty/messy work environment I think I've had enough of the dealership that sold me the car.

Old 09-15-2007, 11:19 PM

My dealer is going to reprogram the system on Tuesday[sm=icon_cheers.gif]
I contacted them by email so that they can see the picture of the TSB

Old 09-15-2007, 11:42 PM

Thanks BoldlyGoingNowhere...that's great news that it's just an ABS check.

Just recently got my radio replaced for the fluctuating volume issue. Mitsu Canada sent a new radio. It's much better (less frequent), but still have the issue. Found that it only happens when at lower volume settings (<15). Once it is set higher, the problem dissappears.

Dealer is requesting a new amplifier from Mitsu Canada to see if that will resolve the issue.

Aside from the volume issue, we absolutely love our Outlander. It is amazingly fun to drive.

Quick Reply: TSB for 07 Outlander