Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

after the mbc install info

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 03:40 PM
Default after the mbc install info

okay now enough jokes i wanted to ask a few more questions so upping the boost to 15 psi is the max the stock blow off valve will handle but switching to an external blow will cause me to lose air that was already counted by my mass air flow sensor , which will cause my car to run really rich , so im guessing ill need to have a reflash done. okay moving on what amount of boost can the stock turbo put of safely beyond twelve , also where can i tap into the intake manifold for the new boost gauge.i got a faze boost gauge I'm pretty sure that this info can be found on the site i just wanted to get all in one place

Old 05-16-2007, 03:50 PM
Default RE: after the mbc install info

You can tap into the vacuum line by the Brake Fluid resorvior... its small black and has some hoses sticking of it... its also got a mitsu logo on it.... thats where I tapped into for my gauge... As per your BOV... DONT vent to atmosphere... its not a good idea for many reasons..

Old 05-16-2007, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

Ok let me staighten you out a bit on boost and how much you can run. The reason that 15psi is the max you want to run on a stock setup is because of the stock fuel system. Actually its more like 17psi, but we say 15 to be safe because boost can creep a bit. Also your right the stock BOV will leak sometimes because its a plastic POS. And when you say external im guessing you mean venting to the atmosphere. Cuz you can upgradea BOV and still stay recirculating. So no you dont need any reflash

Old 05-16-2007, 06:27 PM

You wont be able to boost over 12lbs with the stock bov.. My bov on my spyder sucks so bad I only get about 9lbs.. But your gonna want an aftermarket bov if your gonna boost over 12... Or get a 1st gen bov and crush it..

A friends GSX would get fuel cut at about 19lbs of boost.. But each car is different... I wouldnt push it till you get it.. But try not to boost more then 17^^

Old 05-17-2007, 09:36 AM

see guys thx alot that is really helpful any other info os welcome as well but thx

Old 05-17-2007, 05:15 PM

okay so the stock fuel system won't keep up what are the routes i should take to correct this problem ?is it as easy as changing out the fuel pressure regulator or do i need a rail, injectorsfuel pump and so on ?i honestly would like to go higher but changing the turbo would be my next move after the fuel system up grades. Honestly i would like to be running about 25lbs of boost but that would be about it. i know to do this i will need to change the turbo out with a slightly more aggressive turbo , but what other mods would needed to be done before i will be able to run this amount of boost reliaably ????

Old 05-17-2007, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator

i think boost is not something that should be a goal. HP is the goal you should be looking for. But here is what it sounds like to me that you want. You can run a 16g at 24psi, but that will be maxing it out and you will need to be running alot of other stuff. Do a search on this because the mods list for a 16g have been discussed over and over. But basically it requires Fuel pump, injectors, FMIC, tuning device, and a couple more things.