Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Incorrect date- How to correct?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2024, 10:05 AM

Same here... no solution yet, not even on the Russian/Ukrainian forums

Old 05-03-2024, 05:53 PM
Talking Found the fix!

I have been having the same problem for a while, but could not find a fix UNTIL today. There is a youtube (
) video which shows the procedure on resetting the day and time in MMCS (mine is from Outlander 2007).
There is only one thing I skipped - I did NOT disconnect the GPS antenna from the unit and was able to get to the date/time setting HIDDEN screen.
So, in a nutshel here are the steps.
1. Hold [setup]+[Navi] buttons for few seconds until a beep followed by a hidden "Service" menu shows up.
2. Hold [Menu] button for few (2-4 )seconds until the second hidden "Development service" screen shows.
3. On this menu first column of options will show "GPS information". Touch it. This will get you to the "Development GPS" screen
4. Touch "GPS time setting" to follow to the next screen.
5. Select "YES" to enter the date/time update screen.
6. This screen will show 01/01/05 (probably). Set the date to the current day. I used my US date format "MM.DD.YY". For TIME important thing - set time for UTC timezone. (i.e. subtract/add number of hours from your timezone). I live in PST so I added 7 hours, since currently the DST is on.
7. After the date/time is correct, touch [SET] option and then [NO] to return to the previous maintenance screen.
8 .Use [BACK] menu option few times to exist the procedure
and you are done!.
I did go to the maintenance screen and was able to update the record. No complaints about the GPS not connecting.

How this works for all folks affected by this "undocumented" feature. It is AMAZING how Mitsubishi can abuse own customers by NOT contacting them and provide a solution. It shows that they care VERY little about them. I will NOT be going back to them for a new car.

Old 05-03-2024, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by pamitsu
I changed the oil on my wife’s 2010 Outlander GT and tried to update the maintenance reminder, but got a warning to “Please check the date on the clock. If they are incorrect, please move the vehicle to obtain GPS information”. The date shown is March 12, 2004, but the clock is correct, and the navigation map shows the correct location of the car so I assume that it has the proper GPS coordinates. I was thinking of disconnecting the battery to reset the system, but I don’t know if that will cause some other problems. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
I did today, and described the solution below.

Old 05-04-2024, 04:24 AM

Wow, thank you @biodzioguard !

Really hope that works, will try it in a few days and report back