2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

2.5 to 2.6L stroker

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 01:28 PM

put in the driverside axle, remounted the transfer case and tried to remove the sway bar linkage for awhile. I stripped the inner nut so it just spins. I think i'll just cut it off. Once i swap the inner and outer tie rods and sway bar links I'll put the wheels and splash shields back on, reattach the exhaust and start working on the interior stuff... gotta wire in the out put for the aem truboost and uego gauges so DSMlink can log them. I have to wire in the egt gauge, run the dsmlink data cable to the laptop mount, zip tie everything back up. Put the trim pieces back on, install the short shifter, etc etc.. Still a lot of work to do. I got my royal purple synchromax and break in oil the other day. Now all i need is clutch fluid, anti freeze, water wetter, and regane gas additive. Then i get the fun job of tuning... its a never ending project

Old 07-12-2009, 06:50 PM

installed the new short shifter (need to add some material so it hits the spring on 1-2 shifts), wired the ecu patch cable for the UEGO and truboost, installed the center counsel, passenger trim and ran the wires to the laptop mount so thats good to go. Installed the downpipe, but one of the nuts is kicking my a$$. I decided to keep the water cooled oil cooler in conjunction with the air cooled on I just ordered. That way I don't have to outsource a new center bolt and I won't have to install a fan since the water cooled one will cool the oil all the time. So, that being said I had to take the turbo off to run the coolant lines for the water cooler. I think tonight its going to have to just sit there because I'm kinda tired of working on it. Tomorrow's another day though...

Old 07-16-2009, 06:22 AM

the engine portion is complete. Wired, mounted, fuel is plumbed, electrical is good. Just added coolant this morning. Tried to install my air cooled oil cooler, but I haven't really found a good spot to put it.... so, i haven't put oil in the car yet. I said screw the inner tie rods. They're still good and it would just be a huge PITA to change them... just to change them. The tie rod ends need to be greased so i'm waiting on my buddies grease gun and then we'll bleed the clutch. I should have it on the road by friday or saturday depending on the placement of the oil cooler. Wish me luck

Old 07-17-2009, 10:32 PM

Installed the oil cooler, greased the tie rod ends, replaced a torn control arm boot... stil trying to get the sway bar link off of the driver side without cutting it off. I also have to wire in the EGT gauge/control unit, attach the power wire to the OBDII connector, attach the wideband output to DSMlink, add oil, and replace the exhaust system gaskets. Thats it! I'm excited to finally get it back on the road,,, except of course for the heat (107 today) without a/c. fun fun... Here are some pics for you guys

Attached Thumbnails 2.5 to 2.6L stroker-dscf5316.jpg   2.5 to 2.6L stroker-dscf5317.jpg   2.5 to 2.6L stroker-dscf5318.jpg   2.5 to 2.6L stroker-dscf5319.jpg   2.5 to 2.6L stroker-dscf5320.jpg  

Old 07-17-2009, 10:34 PM

more pictures for ya'll

Attached Thumbnails 2.5 to 2.6L stroker-dscf5321.jpg   2.5 to 2.6L stroker-dscf5322.jpg   2.5 to 2.6L stroker-dscf5323.jpg  
Old 07-18-2009, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator

Looking good. Do you happen to have 650 or 680 injectors laying around?

Old 07-19-2009, 03:00 AM

haha its funny you should say that. I actually do. I have FIC 650's that some dude never paid for when i put them on ebay. Do you need them?

Old 07-19-2009, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by oh_what_up
haha its funny you should say that. I actually do. I have FIC 650's that some dude never paid for when i put them on ebay. Do you need them?

Yeah I'm maxing out the 560's so I was looking to upgrade. Shoot me a pm what your looking to get. Thanks!

Old 07-19-2009, 04:53 PM

PM sent

Wired in the EGT and power wire for the OBDII then put the interior back together. (Today) Last night, I put the hood back on, filled the crankcase oil, put anti-freeze in, and installed the passenger aerocatch hood pin. (carbon fiber itches worse than fiberglass). I tried (unsuccessfully) to get the driver side sway bar link off... i'm just going to have to cut it off I guess. I put a new control arm boot on that side, so once the new sway bar link is installed, I can put the splash shield and wheel back on. Tomorrow hopefully my wife will help me bleed the clutch, then I can drop the car off the jack stands and fill the transfer case and transmission with oil... then all I have to do is idle it to check for leaks, top off the antifreeze once the thermostat opens, and break it in. Fun fun. If anyone else has Dsmlink, I'll post some logs once I'm done tinkering.

Old 07-19-2009, 04:55 PM

side note... you guys don't think the gas went bad do you? Its been sitting for about 1 and 1/2 months I was going to put Regane additive into the tank anyway... just a random thought. I'll post more pics tonight.

Quick Reply: 2.5 to 2.6L stroker