Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2010 Outlander, 'check oil level'warning.

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2023, 07:00 AM
Default Check oil level warning!

Had the same issue with my wife’s 2011 outlander, several garages could not clear it so decided to tackle it myself.
The problem arises due to oil dilution in the sump creating a high level situation. You must change the oil and filter due to the diesel contamination.
You will require a diagnostic unit with 2 way communication, (after much consideration I spoke with “TopDon” and managed to buy the TopDon Pro from Amazon for £425).
In the special menu, find the oil level reading and it will probably be at 1550! Reset this and your warning will clear.

Old 09-23-2023, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by David Livvy
Had the same issue with my wife’s 2011 outlander, several garages could not clear it so decided to tackle it myself.
The problem arises due to oil dilution in the sump creating a high level situation. You must change the oil and filter due to the diesel contamination.
You will require a diagnostic unit with 2 way communication, (after much consideration I spoke with “TopDon” and managed to buy the TopDon Pro from Amazon for £425).
In the special menu, find the oil level reading and it will probably be at 1550! Reset this and your warning will clear.
I ordered a device: Otifix D1Lite (made by Autel, uses their software too). Don’t yet have the DPF Service light but just plugged in the scanner anyway to take a look at what it can do. First impressions are that it is comprehensive. Lots of parameters associated with DPF: pressures, temperatures, ECU predicted driven distance before next forced regeneration. Soot count, soot limit, delta p limit. I intend to monitor these values on regular intervals. The car gets a mix of short and long journeys. I try to minimise the short ones but can’t avoid some - these will be pushing the soot count up. I want to understand to what extent the long journeys naturally burn off that soot. Name of the game is to avoid any forced regeneration by monitoring values and adjusting car usage (within reason). If forced regen is unavoidable, then to at least ensure it occurs on a longer journey (>30 mins at 30mph+), rather than a 5 min trip to the shops.
the Otifix has 2-way control.