Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

radio killing battery

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by Here2Learn
Okay so its fixed now.. it was the bluetooth module I didnt think I had, the buttons on the steering wheel hasnt worked since I got the car so I thought I didnt have the module, looking down in behind the radio I saw it mounted and disconnected it and the drain is gone. thanks for taking the time to read my posts.

second note, behind the radio is a harness that is taped up and out of the way, any idea what that goes to?
Seriously, love you to death!!!!!! I had to make an account just to thank you

I had a drain for 7+ years, if I didn't start my car for 2 to 3 days I would find myself a dead battery
My volt meter read .33 amps, now down to .09!

Thank you so much!

Old 02-06-2017, 04:19 PM

Removed the Bluetooth today! Same problem. Thanks you!

Old 09-12-2022, 07:45 AM

Okay so its fixed now.. it was the bluetooth module I didnt think I had, the buttons on the steering wheel hasnt worked since I got the car so I thought I didnt have the module, looking down in behind the radio I saw it mounted and disconnected it and the drain is gone. thanks for taking the time to read my posts.

second note, behind the radio is a harness that is taped up and out of the way, any idea what that goes to?
I also want to thank you for writing it up.
I had the same problem on my 2007 XLS. The drain current was 190mA with the bluetooth connected and now less than 20mA after removing bluetooth. The radio and navigation still works.

Old 09-13-2022, 05:48 AM

That BT module I hated from the day I bought my car. Removed it later together with OEM radio. Any 3rd party 2- or 1-din stereo with BT will work fine. See one of my posts on how to wire it and make electrical adapter.

Old 12-19-2022, 07:11 AM
Default Big thank you

Wow! After a year and three mechanics and many, many Mondays with a drained battery, I've found the solution here thanks to you. A big thank you for your posting!

Old 10-02-2023, 09:18 AM

One question please for whom who had experienced the same problem and disabled Bluetooth module... Do I need to remove the module, shouldnt unplugging solve the issue ?

Old 10-02-2023, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Hakan
One question please for whom who had experienced the same problem and disabled Bluetooth module... Do I need to remove the module, shouldnt unplugging solve the issue ?
Hello: you're right, unplugging the module should be enough to solve the issue. In my case I removed it since I don't want it to be inside my car.

Old 10-02-2023, 09:58 AM

Thank-you @oorengo though I have disconnected the unit, I am afraid it didnt help in my case - drainage continues.
I have now removed the fuse #7 to see if there is anything else that holds the same fuse