Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

30mm suspension lift kit - is this POSSIBLE??

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 12:01 PM
Smile 30mm suspension lift kit - is this POSSIBLE??

hi,

would like any opinion out there about this supposed "lift kit" being sold at Outlander 10-12: Auxiliary Springs / Suspension Lift Kit + 25/30mm, M

they also have helper springs and leveling kits which are cheaper

price range i believe is from $300 to $900 us + shipping

===
i dont know much about this stuff and would appreciate any feedback. i know there's many here who are very interested in lifting their outies.

i guess 25-30mm (about 1 in) is not much, but for me i think its enough to prevent rubbing from my rear 235/70/16s with wide offset

THANKS IN ADVANCE = )

Old 08-23-2013, 07:46 AM

There are some Dutch springs called MAD, available for many vehicles (including Outlander).

For the 2007->2010->2012 Outlander there are two types:
- Auxiliary progressive helper springs (fitted near the original springs)
- "Cross Country" progressive rising springs (+ 25-35mm / +1-1.5inch) (replacing the original springs)

I fitted my 2008 2.2L diesel Outlander with a set of MAD Cross Country springs and the result was a rise of ~30mm in front and ~45mm in the rear, thus leveling the car. (usually the rear is sagging)

The webpage of the manufacturer is: Home | MAD Tooling
A web shop: Mad Suspension Systems - A unique range of suspension upgrades from a single source (but I got mine - part# HV-104281 - cheaper from a local parts shop)

Some pics:

Attached Thumbnails 30mm suspension lift kit - is this POSSIBLE??-hd.jpg   30mm suspension lift kit - is this POSSIBLE??-comparatie.jpg   30mm suspension lift kit - is this POSSIBLE??-box.jpg   30mm suspension lift kit - is this POSSIBLE??-front.jpg  
Old 10-26-2015, 12:13 PM

Great find!

Could you please take some more pictures of the installed springs in the rear and in the front.
I took a look on the website and it seems to be a bit confusing. There are five (5) different springs to choose from and they all cost different but it doesn't say if one is for front or rear or if all 4 come in the package and if they are different heights.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Originally Posted by Extremero
There are some Dutch springs called MAD, available for many vehicles (including Outlander).

For the 2007->2010->2012 Outlander there are two types:
- Auxiliary progressive helper springs (fitted near the original springs)
- "Cross Country" progressive rising springs (+ 25-35mm / +1-1.5inch) (replacing the original springs)

I fitted my 2008 2.2L diesel Outlander with a set of MAD Cross Country springs and the result was a rise of ~30mm in front and ~45mm in the rear, thus leveling the car. (usually the rear is sagging)

The webpage of the manufacturer is: Home | MAD Tooling
A web shop: Mad Suspension Systems - A unique range of suspension upgrades from a single source (but I got mine - part# HV-104281 - cheaper from a local parts shop)

Some pics:

Old 10-27-2015, 07:57 AM

Yes, there are 5 "Cross Country" kits for Outlander on MAD's homepage. All of these kits include all 4 springs which replace the original ones.

The rest of the auxiliary/helper spring kits include only the rear springs (2 pcs) which are fitted in addition to the original ones and does not raise the car.

2 for outlanders between 2007-2010 (which look like this: http://www.conceptcarz.com/images/Mi...08_06-1024.jpg)

Part number:
HV-104281
Assembly time:
TÜV / RDW:
R-T
Spring clamps required:
ja
Comment:
Cross Country raises f/r 25-30mm
Only 2.2 DID
Excl. 2WD

ABS Only

Part number:
HV-104291
Assembly time:
TÜV / RDW:
T
Spring clamps required:
ja
Comment:
Cross Country raises f/r 25-30mm
Only 2.0 DID and 2.4 Petrol
Excl. 2WD

2 for outlanders between 2010-2012 (which look like this: http://www.prlog.org/11067117-2011-outlander-nc.jpg)

Part number:
HV-104311
Assembly time:
TÜV / RDW:
-
Spring clamps required:
ja
Comment:
Cross Country raises f/r 25/30mm
Only 2.2 DID
Only Mc Pherson rear strutt

Part number:
HV-104321
Assembly time:
TÜV / RDW:
-
Spring clamps required:
ja
Comment:
Only 2.0 ?Diesel/Petrol? - not clear
Only Mc Pherson rear strutt

To be checked with the producer if either of these fit the petrol version of the 2010-2012 Outlanders.

one for Outlanders after 08.2012-> (which look like this: http://www.thetorquereport.com/asset...x353-18793.jpg)

Part number:
HV-104351
Assembly time:
TÜV / RDW:
T
Spring clamps required:
nee
Comment:
Incl. 4WD
Excl. Niveau-leveller

I'll make some pictures tomorrow, but the safest way to find out which kit is for your car is to send a mail to the producer with your outlander's data: year, engine, 2wd or 4wd, maybe a VIN + picture could also help.

Old 10-28-2015, 03:31 AM

The promised pictures below. If you need a picture of some specific part, just tell me.

Attached Thumbnails 30mm suspension lift kit - is this POSSIBLE??-mad-springs-outlander-2-.jpg   30mm suspension lift kit - is this POSSIBLE??-mad-springs-outlander-1-.jpg   30mm suspension lift kit - is this POSSIBLE??-mad-springs-outlander-3-.jpg  
Old 08-10-2016, 05:58 PM

Extremero, The website says the springs have little to no effect but you are saying you got better than an 1" in the front and close to 2" in the back of body lift when you installed the progressive springs? Would this not affect your wheel camber negatively and cause wear on the moving parts?

To be clear, the website says installed in conjunction with stock suspension, but you are removing the old springs and replacing them, but keep the original struts?

Old 09-05-2016, 07:51 AM

Afternoon all,

my 2011 2.2DiD 4wd is sitting 25mm lower at the rear than the front (top of arch to wheel centre).
I do some off roading and some towing.
I'm looking for at least a 25mm lift to the rear, ideally 50mm at the rear and 25mm at the front to level the entire car 25mm above original.

MAD have several kits listed but none that they are sure suits my car as have multilink rear suspension.

I don't want helper springs or air bags as I don't want insurance complications. Replacement springs an a small raise shouldn't be an inurance problem.

Any ideas?
Does anyone here have the same spec car and has done a lift?

Thanks, Andy

Old 09-19-2016, 05:15 AM

@Tbier
Sorry for the late answer...
The discussion above was about the MAD "Cross Country" springs, which replace the original springs and are not fitted in conjunction with stock springs.
Only these springs lift the car.

The other springs they have, which they call "progressive helper" are fitted only in the rear, in conjunction with stock rear springs.
These springs only level the car to its original rear ride height (without giving additional lift) and help the stock springs when the car is loaded or a trailer is attached.
These could solve @83andyj's problem.

Instead of using helper springs, some Outlander owners made some spacers to lever the rear of the car:

For more info on these spacers, search for and ask Eduard Wichner on YT/FB etc...

Here's a crop from a MAD catalogue for different springs for Mitsubishi models:

Attached Thumbnails 30mm suspension lift kit - is this POSSIBLE??-mad_mitsu.jpg  
Old 09-26-2016, 09:17 AM

Thanks Extremero.

MAD could only offer me their helper springs for my specific model. Seems that post 2010 multilink rears become a challenge for MAD. So I've had to look elsewhere.

Those spacers look excellent!

But, I have found a company in Sheffield who manufacture replacement springs for many vehicles including the Outlander. So they have OEM size springs in stock for measurement. They also manufacture springs to your desired specification.
Their price is sensible too. So they are working on some springs for me which raise the entire vehicle and cope better with the trailer loading up the rear end.

If anyone else is looking for similar, it's Suplex.de.

I'll update with progress.

Old 03-18-2021, 03:48 PM
Default Lifting an old tread althoug still relevant.

Originally Posted by 83andyj
Thanks Extremero.

MAD could only offer me their helper springs for my specific model. Seems that post 2010 multilink rears become a challenge for MAD. So I've had to look elsewhere.

Those spacers look excellent!

But, I have found a company in Sheffield who manufacture replacement springs for many vehicles including the Outlander. So they have OEM size springs in stock for measurement. They also manufacture springs to your desired specification.
Their price is sensible too. So they are working on some springs for me which raise the entire vehicle and cope better with the trailer loading up the rear end.

If anyone else is looking for similar, it's Suplex.de.

I'll update with progress.

I know this is an old tread but I searched my heart out for possibilities to lift my Outie.

what I found is actually applicable to all Outies and even all cars what so ever.

There’s a russian firm named Tema 4x4 which one can find om Ebay who’s selling rubber bushings of what ever size you require to lift your vehicle. I have a 2008 Outie and ordered 40 mm rubbers for my Outie to fit on top of my Mcperson in front and on top of my dampers in the rear plus on top off the springs.

This gave me a raise of 83 cm front and back but since the geometry of the car differs I had 33 cm clearance behind the front wheel and 35 cm in front of the rear wheel.

I measure from the ground to the edge of the fenders if you get it.

Altough I had to cut the rear original strutbars 15 mm to get the angle right and the front ones to 255 mm to get everything right.

After this one needs to do a wheel adjustment and that part is very essential or your car will go berzerk on you.

This make also applies on all cars what so ever.